WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
1. In consideration of access to the class or classes, for which I am registering, I hereby release, indemnify, and hold-harmless SpiritHealer School of Shamanism, Carla Meeske Person LLC, Carla Meeske, and their agents, representatives, assistants, affiliates, employees, contractors, board members, and faculty members, (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries and damages which I, my family, my guests, or my animal (hereinafter referred to as “Releasors”) may suffer, including, without limitation, any injuries and damages resulting from any animal, person, or condition, or due to the negligence or gross negligence of the Releasees and I expressly assume the risk of any such damage or injury.
2. I acknowledge that, by registering for the classes, under the terms of this Waiver and Release Agreement, I am releasing and relinquishing legal rights that I otherwise might hold.
3. I understand the courses offered through the Releasees are intended to guide through lecture, discussion, and experiential means. I acknowledge as Releasor that I am solely responsible for determining the extent to which I can safely participate in any course in all aspects: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. I exercise the extent in which I can and desire to participate.
4. I also acknowledge that unless this class is deemed PRIVATE, the audio and/or visual portions of the class or classes may be recorded and/or transcribed and then distributed to third parties for sale or otherwise. In consideration of access to the class or classes, I hereby waive and relinquish any and all claims for renumeration and any rights to object to release of any such recordings or transcripts, including images, recordings, or transcriptions of Releasors in any form, at any time, and in any location or context whatsoever.
4.1 Some of our classes are deemed PRIVATE for the participants only. When a class is PRIVATE the recordings and transcripts will not be used by SpiritHealer School in any manner outside of sharing them with participants registered in sections of that class running concurrently. Please – you also need to hold the information from the class as private, not be discussed or shared outside of your class circle, who are the people in your section and all concurrent sections of this class.
5. I understand and agree that Releasees retain all rights to class content, including all handouts and instructional materials. I agree not to copy or distribute any such materials without the written permission of Releasees.
6. I acknowledge that this is a group class and language, behavior (including repeated non-attendance/non-participation), or noise that the instructor finds disruptive may cause me to be excluded from further participation in the class, with no refund.
7. I acknowledge that quality or consistency of telephone line connections for teleclass participants using non-land line phones (including cell phones and VOIP connection lines) can not be guaranteed. In acknowledging that this is a group class, if an instructor finds that a non-land line connection, whether tested in advance or not, is creating sound quality and recording concerns, if after reasonable attempts this can not be corrected, this issue may cause me to be excluded from further live participation in the class, with no refund. These sound quality and recording concerns may include dropped phone connections, static interference, recording interruption, and other technical concerns determined to be related to my personal audio connection.
8. I acknowledge that the Instructors, in conjunction with SpiritHealer School of Shamanism founder/director Carla Meeske, may ask a student to leave the program for any reason, refunding the unused portion of their prepaid tuition. The instructor and Carla Meeske reserve the right to decline registration of students at their discretion for any reason.
9. Although Releasees will make reasonable efforts to avoid rescheduling, I acknowledge that this class may necessarily be rescheduled without refund. Releasee may not be held responsible for travel or other arrangement cancellations, caused by class cancellations due to weather, or any other reasons.
10. I understand that these classes are not intended to replace or substitute any veterinary services that my animal companion(s) have or may need, or psychological services I have or may need.
11. I acknowledge that although classes selected by the Releasees are for their compatible philosophies and intentions, all views and content expressed by faculty and facilitators do not necessarily represent or reflect those of the Releasee.
My submission of my class registration denotes acceptance of the terms of this release.