Certification of Shamanic Training
This award certifies that you have dedicated yourself to extensive training in shamanic healing for animals. You have developed your skills applying core healing techniques on a variety of animals, always depending upon direct guidance and intervention from your compassionate spirits to get the job done.
SpiritHealer School of Shamanism teaches you to be a strong, respectful bridge for the compassionate spirits, and it encourages you to be their light in the world. The training program will give you hands-on experience with a wide variety of common situations with animal clients. The course is powerful because it is experiential first! Theory unfolds from your experiences – your worldview will be evolving every time you journey. There are no limits. For SpiritHealer School of Shamanism, a well trained person:
- Knows that the Spirits are the ultimate teachers, and can access them easily for healing power and information for clients and for themselves
- Is comfortable with the core healing techniques and can accomplish them for animal clients – Spirits willing
- Has undergone significant initiations that have evolved their worldview
- Is a strong bridge for spirits, doing hands on healing work and remote journey work.
- Can explain the work to clients in a clear and responsible way and understands the limits of our practice
- Honors Spirit, respects clients, and strives to be compassionate in thought and deed
The requirements are:
- Satisfactory completion of the #1 through #8 levels of the training program (or instructor waived) and one additional qualified elective. Currently #9 Spiral in Time is available to complete the series.
- A written log of your in class and homework journeys. The requirements for the log are not arduous, but there are guidelines. The purpose of the log is to reinforce your learning experiences by writing them down and to give you something to reflect upon. It will also help you consolidate your verbal reporting of the journeys in class. (Managing class time is my duty!) You submit the log to me as evidence of your effort, not for my review.
- Documented healing work for 6 separate “outside of your class” clients involving a range of issues (participation in the Shamanic Healing Clinic is a great way to accomplish this!)
- Carla’s final approval, based on Spirit’s direction and her personal judgment.
This award certifies that you have dedicated yourself to extensive training, and that you have performed the core healing practices repeatedly, depending upon direct guidance from your compassionate spirits to get the job done. When you have earned this certificate you know that you have done great work and that Carla believes you are ready and worthy! That being said, only your helping spirits can determine if you are qualified for a given shamanic healing task at a given time. This is true for everyone who does shamanic healing, no matter how accomplished they are.
The program is concentrated on the unique qualities of shamanic work for animals. We are very light on business management, and we do not train you to be a human therapist. The program should be paired with your other experience or training to prepare you for actually managing a practice. Animal Spirit Network is a great resource for additional training you may want. Your community college may be another resource for small business management and marketing.
Carla keeps track of your progress through her live interactions with you in class, through your emails and phone conversations, and through observing your work in the Training Circle. Your written work is submitted to her has a matter of record, not for feedback. You are doing the write ups for yourself, and are submitting them as a point of pride and accomplishment. The Training Circle gives you a place to practice in a supported setting, with clients who are unknown to you – a great setup for learning! We encourage you to participate as often as possible. Your participation, and a written case study of the experience, will count to the goal of 6 separate outside clients.